- In co working spaces, 4 types of strategies are usually employed in operation. Internal collaboration, Co working membership, External co working space and Internal co working space.
- According to JLL, the greatest barriers to co working are Security, Privacy, Culture and Motivation.
- Due to the economic hardship in 2016, most building materials prices increased in price, making construction cost also sky rocket. Some materials increased by a mere 4% while some increased by as high as 77%.
- In 2016, due to the volatility of the dollar, tenants in upscale locations where rents were paid in dollars negotiated fixed exchange rates to ease payments.
- Between 2007 and 2015 the total amount of global co working spaces increased from 75 to 7,800.
- In Africa, asides basic economic growth, other key factors in increasing hotel demand are economic participation, regional integration, foreign direct investment, infrastructure investment and corporate entry.
- Global hotel transactions rose nearly 50% to $85 billion in 2015 – the second-highest year ever.
- Sub-Saharan Africa existing rooms: 257,000
- Hotel supply growth forecast in Sub-Saharan Africa for 2016 to 2018: 3.5%
The past decade has seen the emergence of a number of new hotel markets in Sub-Saharan Africa. This supply growth was largely necessitated by the growth demand from the business segment, followed by government, diplomats, NGOs and leisure.